Employers must be vigilant in executing strategies to ensure a work environment free from sexual harassment. There are a variety of efforts that can be employed, with training being a great first step. In our experience, the most effective training is instructor-led with very specific examples of nuanced scenarios that are tailored to the specific work environment of the participants.
Our sexual harassment training includes the following basic modules:
- Overview of the Law. – What are the elements of sexual harassment?
- Responsibilities. What are the responsibilities of employees and management as it relates to sexual harassment?
- Reporting Sexual Harassment. This is tailored to your organization’s process for reporting and processing allegations of sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination.
- Case Studies. We present a variety of scenarios, tailored to your specific work environment, that illustrates conduct that ranges from not serious to egregious. The instructor engages participants in a discussion of whether the conduct could be considered sexual harassment and how to handle the situation.
- Prevention Strategies. What can an organization put in place to prevent inappropriate conduct?
We recommend providing sexual harassment training for managers separately as supervisors and managers have an obligation to address allegations of inappropriate conduct swiftly and effectively. Our supervisory training offers strategies to prevent and address inappropriate workplace conduct to minimize vulnerability for the organization.
We also conduct administrative investigations into allegations of misconduct including sexual harassment
Please email us at email@example.com for information or to discuss your training and investigative needs.